When Professional Counseling Offices were first established by a family therapist and a psychologist in the l970’s, it was their inspiration to exchange ideas and share resources so that their clients would have the best support that they could possibly offer.
Today, the practice has grown to 15 private practitioners who provide an array of services and offer a wide range of expertise. Listed on this website are the counselors, psychologists, and attorney who offer their services in the Professional Counseling Offices at 1124 South 5th Street, conveniently located near historic downtown Springfield. To learn more about appointment availability, insurance coverage and areas of expertise, call the offices at 217-744-3525. The dedicated office staff will be pleased to assist you and answer any questions you might have.
Individual Practitioners at Professional Counseling Offices
All individuals listed are sole practitioners providing services at the Professional Counseling Offices address.
Debra Blumthal, MA, LCPC, NCC Working with children, adolescents, adults and families
• ADHD, School Issues • Counselor Supervision • Depression & Anxiety • Divorce & Separation • Eating Disorders • Grief & Loss Issues • Licensed Certified School Counselors • Obsessive Compulsive Disorder & Panic Disorders • Sexual Abuse Treatment
Cathy Boatright, MA, LCPC Providing child, adolescent and family counseling
Brian Burris, MA, SSP, LCPC Therapy for children, adolescents, families and couples
• ADHD Issues • Anxiety, Depression, Adjustment Disorders, Grief Work • Assessments for Learning Disabilities • Consultation with Parents, School Personnel, Physicians, Therapists, Etc. • Family Issues & Divorce Care
Lisa Cacciatore, MSW, LCSW Working with children, adolescents, adults and families
John Miller, Ph.D., Clinical Psychologist Therapy for adolescents, adults and aging populations
• Adjustment Problems of the Elderly • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Depression • EMDR for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder • Marital & Family Therapy • Relaxation Training, Hypnosis & Biofeedback for Pain Control, Anxiety & Panic Disorders • Systematic Desensitization for Phobias
Eva C. Muller, Ph.D., Clinical Psychologist Individual, couples and family psychotherapy for adolescents and adults
• “Crisis Is Opportunity: Acceptance Is Healing” • Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Clinic
Mindfulness-based psychotherapy for:
• Anxiety • Chronic Pain • Consultation, Training & Presentations on Stress Reduction, Wellness, Meditation, Holistic Health • Depression • Developing Skillful Means to Respond to Life’s Difficulties Effectively • Illness • Learning Skills to Reduce Stress, Relieve Pain, & Promote Joy in Our Lives • Learning through and from Life’s Difficulties: Greater Self-Awareness, Self-Confidence, Self-Esteem & Focus • Life Changes & Adjustment • Loss & Grief • Stress
Sue Patterson, MA, LCPC Counseling adults and couples